Got the 6 last week and thought I’d share a few thoughts
- Besides the camera (Slomo 240fps option and higher res) and a slightly faster speed, feels like not a huge amount has changed
- Installing was a breeze thanks to everything being in the cloud these days, but it feels like apps are becoming more important than the phone itself
- If high spec smartphones becomes commoditised, will Android start to pull ahead?
- Benedict Evans expanded on this area recently “For Google, devices are dumb glass and the intelligence is in the cloud, but for Apple the cloud is just dumb storage and the device is the place for intelligence.”
- I also feel like we’re entering an era where the startup and challenger apps/sites are increasingly better than the incumbents’ default. For me that includes Mailbox (email), Sunrise (calendar), Storage (Dropbox/Carousel), Whatsapp (Messaging)
- Now if only someone would build a decent mp3 player, and a contacts management app..